It is so important to flush your RO filter in your WaterFed® system to keep the filter lasting longer and save you money. Flushing your RO is simple and we have created an easy to follow list and video to make it even easier for you! The guidelines do not call to a specific WaterFed® system, but are general and will work for any multi-stage system.
So what is going on with your RO filter and why does it need to be flushed after every use?Essentially, your RO filter can be thought of as a net that source water enters and that net, in turn, catches much of the dissolved solids from said source water. Since the source water is a constant flow, the “net” is continually catching dissolved solids. After a long day of WaterFed® cleaning, your RO filter has collected a lot of dissolved solids. It is important to flush your RO filter so that the “net” is cleared off and ready for another day of cleaning. If you flush your RO system after everyday of use, it will help your RO system last longer and in turn save you money.
The Steps to Flush Your RO System: *Begin with your system running*
- If your system has a pump, turn it off. Continue to have water running through the rest of your system.
- Next, fully open your bypass. Your bypass is the _____ part of the system near the ___________.
- Next step, turn the water that is traveling to your hose, turn that off. To do this, shut off the quick release valve that connects the hose reel to the actual system.
- Once you do this, the water will be redirected to exit through the bypass. Allow this water to pass through the bypass for two to three minutes.
- Once your RO filter has been flushed, turn the water off.
All of these steps can be done while cleaning up the rest of your job site. It really is that easy to extend the life of your RO filter and to keep cleaning windows with your pure water system. There are many other WaterFed® resources we have created to help you, just click here. If you would like to speak to one of our WaterFed® experts, give us a call! We’d be happy to answer any and all of your questions!